The way products and services are advertised and sold is changing rapidly, both in New Zealand and around the world. Traditional sales and marketing involves pushing goods and services through advertisements in print media, radio and television. These advertisements essentially intrude into what the user really wants to do – which is to read the newspaper, listen to the radio program or watch television.
The Web is an entirely different sales medium.
On the Web, most visitors who search already need the services or products they are searching for. On a search engine like Google, they’re actually searching for a business like yours, that can provide the goods or services they are looking for. If your website has a high Google rank for search words that are important to your business, then those who are searching for these words will find your website.
Discover the Key to Quality Sales Leads
As opposed to the traditional sales model where conversion rates are around 1%, website conversion rates are much higher. You are, after all, selling to people who want to buy your services. Some studies put website conversion rates from well structured, Google-friendly websites at around 30%, but even if we take a conservative approach and assume half that figure, that’s still over 10 times the conversion rate of most traditional sales methods.
Search Engine Optimisation
Search engine optimisation is about configuring your website in a way that makes it appear higher in search engine rankings, of which Google rankings are the most important. Search engines are constantly enhancing the quality of search results and, as a result, they are gaining in popularity. This is particularly true of Google, which is the dominant search engine in the market today.
So what does this have to do with your business? There are compelling reasons to make you rethink your sales strategy to keep pace with change.
…86% of websites are found through search engines.
Search Engine Visibility
Above all other considerations, optimising your website for search engines like Google will bring you these rewards:
- Motivated customers who are already convinced that they need your product or service – before you’ve met them or exchanged a single word. They search for you, not the other way round!
- Your website becomes more user-focused and offers your customers and potential customers exactly what they want
- Optimised websites generate quality leads – and, therefore, have a much higher conversion rate
The ultimate reward is the difference all of this will make to the bottom line for your business
Keeping in mind the significant sales potential of your website, the crucial questions are:
- Is your website found in the first 5 pages of Google’s search results for keywords or key phrases that are crucial to your business?
- Are there aspects of your website that can be enhanced and improved, to make it easier for Google and other search engines to find it, and make it easier for potential clients to find your business, service or products?
You might have heard that optimising your website is a time-consuming, tedious process. While it’s true that the process takes time and energy, think of all the rich rewards you – and your business – will reap!
There is no doubt that search engine optimisation yields one of the best returns on investment in advertising. Done correctly, it will future-proof your business so that you remain competitive in the brave new world of Google.